Secondary School Admissions
Key Dates - 2023-2024
- 15th May 2023 - online registration for sitting Secondary selection test opens at www.bexley.gov.uk/selectiontests
- 16th June 2023 - special arrangements application deadline
- 30th June 2023 (midnight) - closing date for online registrations
- Wk of 11th September 2023 - Secondary selection test taken in school for those that have registered (AM)
Dates for secondary applications
- 1st September 2023 - online application website opens
- Wk commencing 11th September 2023 - Bexley selection test in school for those who have registered
- September / October 2023 - Open days/evenings for schools
- 17th October 2022 - Selection test results sent
- 31st October 2022 - Closing date for secondary school applications
- November / December 2023 - Banding tests at different schools
- 1st March 2024 - offer day
Parents who have applied online will receive an email notifying them which school their child has been offered.
Parents who have applied on a paper form will be sent a letter by first class post.
15th March 2024
This is the deadline for accepting or declining the initial offered place.
Waiting lists established and vacancies offered
More useful information:
Please click here to see the Bexley Selection test leaflet 2023.
Please click here to see the Power Point presentation from Bexley and delivered in school.
Please click here to view the Admission to Secondary Schools in Bexley 2023-2024 booklet.
Please click here to see Bexley Selection test special arrangements leaflet.
Reminders and top tips:
- Once you have decided which schools you like, check their admission criteria carefully, as they all vary.
- If you live in Bexley, you can apply for up to 6 schools (they don't need to be in Bexley). It is NOT wise to name just one school on your application; always have at least one back-up choice, near your home address, that you'll be happy with. List schools in order of preference, with grammar school choices (if applicable) at the top of the list.
- Remember to include evidence of medical conditions or anything else that relates to a priority place. Faith schools also require a Supplementary Information Form, and may have different application deadlines, so check carefully before applying.
- Remember you need to provide proof of your child's address and date of birth. The 'Admission to Secondary Schools in Bexley' booklet (issued in July) will have more information.
- If applying online, make sure you receive an email receipt - this will confirm that your application was submitted successfully.