Welcome to Year 4
In our class, we have 34 amazing children.
Our class teacher is Mrs Harris and our teaching assistant are Mrs Wright and Mrs Iles. We also have Mrs Ashley on a Thursday afternoon.
We wrote our class charter together to create a safe and engaging learning environment in which all of our rights are respected and we are listened to by our adults and our peers.
To be healthy, we:
- Read every day to exercise our brains.
- Drink water to keep ourselves hydrated and help us concentrate.
- Try out best in our learning.
- Have a growth mindset so we are always ready for the next subject.
To be safe, we:
- Always walk sensibly around the school.
- Tidy our equipment away and keep it off the floor.
- Keep all of our chair legs on the floor.
- Listen quietly during the register.
To be ourselves, we:
- Make others feel comfortable and let them be themselves.
- Are confident and believe that we can do it.
- Are sensible around the classroom.
- Respect each other’s differences.
To be heard, we:
- Put our hands up to say something to an adult.
- Express ourselves and listen to others when they do.
- Listen to everyone and give everyone a chance to speak.
A key focus for us this year is learning our times tables - by the end of the year we should know all our times tables facts (and their corresponding divisions) up to 12 x 12. We complete Master of Tables tests twice a week and receive certificates if we complete a level!
- PE – Monday mornings and Thursday afternoons
- Spelling test – Monday morning
- Master of Tables – Tuesday and Thursday mornings
- Homework – Handed out on Tuesdays, due in the following Monday
- Reading – children to read at home at least five times a week