Welcome to Year 5
We have 30 children in our class - 18 boys and 12 girls.
Our class teacher is Miss Taylor and our teaching assistant is Mrs Wright.
Year 5 discussed and agreed our class charter which is:
Every child has the right to an education. - Articles 28 and 29
Our Class Charter
We want our classroom to be a happy place where we can enjoy our learning.
We want to feel confident and safe; to tackle challenges and to have fun.
Therefore, we will try to respect the following:
- Be friendly, kind and caring towards each other and treat others as we would like to be treated.
- Listen carefully to all adults and each other.
- Understand that it is alright to make mistakes and to show confidence and perseverance in our learning.
- Respect other people’s belongings and the property of the school.
- Give each other smiling faces – smiling students and adults.
- Have fun with our learning!
Year 5 have been working hard and are currently studying Greek myths and learning about Ancient Greece.
If you want to find out about more about what we are studying then you could read our curriculum page or our newsletter.
- PE – Monday and Wednesday
- Spelling Test – Friday mornings
Here is a link to look at our Summer term class newsletter:
Year 5 Knowledge Organisers
Earth and SpaceProperties and Changes of materials